- No obligation
- No interest
- Repayment up to 12 months
[Accessed December 11, 2022]
DriveAwaySA does not offer credit or car pawning services but we've included them since their services offer an ideal alternative to pawning your car.
Most people do not realize how easy it is to use the value of an asset to unlock cash.
DriveAwaySA developed a safe way for their clients to sell their car and still drive it. Clients can now conveniently apply from the comfort of their homes by using DriveAwaySA's online form. The online application is user-friendly and only requires basic personal and vehicle details.
Improve your cash flow
You have to decide how much cash flow you want to access. DriveAway SA will then purchase the vehicle for a cash flow contribution amount. You can drive away with your vehicle by paying a manageable monthly lease fee which means you are now renting the car.
You can repurchase the vehicle for the same cash flow contribution amount they sold it to you for as soon as you are ready.
Sell your vehicle in 5 simple steps
All you need sell your car at DriveAway SA is your vehicle details, and basic information about yourself.
- Complete an obligation-free application form online. Some of the required information includes your name, contact details, vehicle make, model, mileage, year, and VIN.
- After applying, clients receive a cash-flow contribution offer. No credit checks are required as this is not a loan application.
- If the offer looks good, you can now submit your documents for verification, whereafter DriveAwaySA will set up a vehicle assessment and roadworthy test.
- After the approval of the document and both assessments, it’s time to sign the agreement. As soon as the papers are signed, you'll receive your cash-flow contribution payout.
- You'll then drive away with your vehicle, and as soon as you are ready in the future, you can buy the car for the same cash-flow contribution amount you received.
DriveAwaySA does not offer car pawning services or loans but rather allows you to sell your car to them to access quick cash and then keep using it for a set monthly fee.
Clients receive a minimum and maximum capital offering based on their vehicle's current market value.
They choose an option that fits their needs, and after the vehicle inspection and roadworthy test, they receive a final capital offer. DriveAway asks their clients for an orientation fee of only R5,750, which is deducted from the contribution amount.
Transparency is key
When clients decide to repurchase the car, they pay back the same cash flow amount they initially received - no interest charged. DriveAway SA asks for an R2000 administration fee for that amount, but they'll indicate the total price on the contract with complete transparency.
The maximum lease term with DriveAwaySA is 12 consecutive months. The agreement is month-month which means that clients can choose when the lease ends. At month end, they can decide to either lease the car for a month longer or buy the car back.
Sell your vehicle and keep driving it
DriveAway SA provides a unique service that allows you to unlock the value of your vehcile. If your car is fully paid-off and in your name you can use its value to borrow money.
Upon applying, clients receive an offer to purchase the car, and if they accept, they essentially hand over the title of the vehicle as collateral.
What makes their service different from a loan is that the client can still drive the vehicle after selling the car. You're essentially renting the car for a manageable monthly fee until you're ready to repurchase it for the same amount you sold it for, with no added interest charged.
Because it's not a loan, no credit checks are required, and no interest gets charged.
DriveAwaySA – Car Pawn
- Loan Type Car Pawn
- Repayment 1 month to 12 months
- Decision 24 hours
Benefits of DriveAwaySA
- No interest
- Quick and easy services
- No obligations
DriveAway SA provides easy to manage terms & transparent repurchase fees
It's clear that DriveAwaySA doesn't offer loans or car pawning services but you can use their services to sell your car and still drive it!
After completing their online form, you'll receive their indication of the maximum and minimum cash flow contribution offer and monthly lease amounts within 1 -2 hours.
If you choose to rather pawn a car you will pay interest and fees. With DriveAwaySA you can avoid this. Submit the required documentation, and they'll complete the transaction within 24 hours. As soon as the contracts are signed, the final cash flow contribution amount gets transferred as immediate payment.
Requirements to sell your car
- Anyone who has full ownership of a vehicle can apply. Having ownership means it needs to be fully paid off and cannot be under finance.
- The vehicle license must be current, and the vehicle itself cannot be older than 2010 nor have more than 220 000km on the speedometer.
- The market trade price of the vehicle must be at least R85 000 at the time of applying.
- Due to the application not qualifying as a loan, you won't have to do an affordability assessment or a credit check.
- The vehicle needs to pass the roadworthy test to be eligible.
- Anyone situated in either the Western Cape, Gauteng, or KwaZulu Natal can sell their car at DriveAway SA.
- You would have to need a cash flow amount of R40 000 or more.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Best service I have experienced in a long time! DriveAway inspected, test drove our car and gave us a great offer. We accepted, signed the contract, and they paid the deposit immediately into my ...
— Cape Town —
The service I received from DriveAway SA was excellent!. The application is easy to use, and you genuinely receive your funds as soon as you sign. My car was delivered to me the day after repaid...
— Durban —
I went to DriveAway SA over the weekend to sign my contract. The service was excellent! They answered all the questions we had and advised us on what would be the best offer. The consultants are ...
— Cape Town —
- 134 Princessvlei Rd, Diep River Cape Town Western Cape 7800 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 24 – hours
- Tuesday 24 – hours
- Wednesday 24 – hours
- Thursday 24 – hours
- Friday 24 – hours
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed