Makro Credit Card
- Personlised Credit Limit
- Competitive Interest Rates
- Repayment up to 36 months
[Accessed February 15, 2023]
From a chain of warehouses to bringing you the convenience of shopping online, Makro's story is one of continuous growth.
Today they can offer you anything from houseware, the latest electronics, camping equipment, and garden products, to fresh food and liquor.
From humble beginnings in 1971
From a single store in Germiston in 1971, they've experienced tremendous growth over the years. As the first cash-and-carry store to use top-of-the-range sales and stock-taking technology, they initiated a breakthrough in the way retailers did business in South Africa.
Seventeen years later, by 1989, five new stores were opened. The managing director at the time, Mark Lambert, created a powerful team and made plans to expand. This resulted in the founding of Massmart, the major retail and wholesale group of which Makro is pivotal.
In 1993 their flagship store in Woodmead was built. It has become one of the best-loved retail outlets in the Johannesburg northern suburbs.
In 2011 Massmart and US giant Walmart merged. The result of this merger was to offer you, the customer, more brands and variety for less.
Today Makro has twenty-two stores around the country. These are a great asset to the communities they operate in which now have access to great value under one roof.
A passion for improving your lifestyle
They launched their e-commerce platform in 2014. This was a logical progression and the ideal chance to give you the finest experience when shopping with them. They look forward to welcoming you to their stores and providing you with the best online shopping available.
Their online range includes most of the products you'd find in a physical Makro store and comes with the same guarantee of quality and good value that has made them famous.
Great prices and even greater value
They have a low-profit margin, which lets them pass on their products at affordable prices. If you want value for less, Makro is the best place to find it.
A green Makro
Makro is environmentally-conscious and does its best to preserve resources. They do this by using water harvesting and some of the most energy-efficient climate control systems and refrigeration available in retail. This is evident in their 'new generation' stores, i.e. those built since 2009, that use these technologies.
A good neighbour
They're also aware of the need to maintain an appearance that is harmonious with the environment that they’re in.
There'll be a tree planted for every fourth parking bay, according to Doug Jones, Makro MD. These will give shade in the summer and keep the parking areas cool while enhancing the surroundings.
Join the Makro family
What you'll get when you get a Makro Credit Card
- An instant decision
- You can get a 3% rebate for shopping online at Makro, Builders, or Game
- Get a 2% rebate if you shop in-store at Makro, Builders, or Game
- You’ll get a 1% rebate if you shop at any of the RCS network retailers
- Get 3 extra cards for your friends and family
- Get free SMS notifications when purchases are made with credit card/s
- You’ll get a statement free of charge each month by SMS or email
- Same-day delivery. Deliveries are from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and a delivery fee is charged.
Payment options are flexible, and your installment will be affordable. The repayment options are a revolving 24 or 36 months credit. You get access to self-service on their website.
To protect you, the customer, your Makro credit card will include an insurance policy, which will cover the following:
- Income protection. The insurance covers up to a year’s instalments, in case you lose your income.
- Temporary disability: up to a year’s instalments may be covered.
- Permanent disability: your full outstanding balance will be covered
- Death cover: again, this insurance will cover your outstanding balance.
Credit is provided by RCS, and Guardrisk Insurance and Guardrisk Life underwrite the cover. They’re both authorised Financial Service Providers.
Makro Credit Card self-service
- Draw money
- Make a payment
- Check how much credit is available
- Download or view your most recent statements
- Ask for electronic statements
Get the mCard
- You can get cash back if you download the mCard and access mRewards deals.
- If you don't have a Makro card, by getting the mCard app, a card is automatically generated for you.
- It doesn't work on points - you get cash rebates to shop with at Makro.
- There's no need for the Makro card if you have the app. All you have to do is show the cashier your app in-store.
The benefits of Makro stokvels
- Get registered and you can enjoy bulk savings and extra benefits.
- Makro focuses on assisting members to get the best deals.
- Stores work with stokvels and regularly host meetings to better understand the needs of stokvel members.
- Stores use their negotiating power to get the best deals from suppliers.
- They have special opening hours during the festive season.
You can download the Makro Credit App from Android App Stores or iOs.
Makro – Credit card
- Loan Type Credit cards
- Repayment 36 months
Benefits of Makro
- Quick online card applications
- Free monthly statements
- Self-service option online
- Flexible repayment options
What you'll need to apply for a Makro Credit Card
- You need to be 18 years of age or more
- A valid email address
- A valid South African ID / Driver’s license
- You need to be employed and earning at least R2000 pm
- Proof of income documentation
- You can apply online, via their website
- Call them and talk to one of their consultants
- Apply in-store
- Or download the app
Do you need more help?
- Call them or;
- Email them between 8 am and 6 pm, Mondays to Saturdays, and 9 am to 4 pm Sundays and public holidays.
Need more information? Here are some FAQs
Can anyone else use my card to buy online? No one but the cardholder can make online purchases on your card. For security, you'll be sent a one-time pin (OTP) to confirm that it’s you.
Are there payment plans available for online purchases? When you make an online purchase, it will automatically default to the Makro Credit Revolving Plan. If you need a budget plan (2-3 years), please call them and ask for a planned transfer.
Where can I get my Macro Credit Card? It can be collected at any Makro store country-wide.
What if my card gets lost? Call them and they'll immediately block that card. Then you can go to any Makro store and they'll give you a replacement for a small fee.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
It was easy to apply for my Makro Credit Card. And they delivered it to my door! Excellent service
— Cape Town —
I do a lot of bulk shopping at Makro for my business. I enjoy the bulk saving benefits and cashback that come with a Makro credit card.
— Port Elizabeth —
- 16 Peltier Dr Sunninghill Sandton 2157 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 09:00 – 16:00