- Short-term loans up to R4,000
- Flexible interest rates
- Repayment up to 3 months
[Accessed December 8, 2022]
Wonga was established to bring South Africans a new approach to short-term loans.
Their continuous drive to provide you with relevant, innovative, and market-related financial solutions puts them in a league of their own.
A fully automated online lending experience
Launched as a world first, Wonga is an online, automated lending platform that can process your application and provide you with a decision in a matter of minutes. You don’t need to stand in a queue or supply them with reams of paperwork.
Wonga gives you the power of choice
Many lenders have set short-term loan packages for you to choose from. These often come with predetermined loan amounts as well as repayment terms. Wonga has pledged to do things differently and give you the power of choice.
You can go online at any time that’s most convenient to you and tailor a loan that suits your needs perfectly. This means that you get to choose the amount of money you need and decide what repayment period will work best for you. This way you don’t borrow more than you need or more than you can afford to repay.
Wonga is all about responsible lending
Offering any form of credit comes with great responsibilities. Wonga takes these responsibilities seriously and will never allow you to borrow more than you can afford to repay.
Wonga’s affordable credit solutions allow you to build up a good credit record when repaid on time, making future credit applications a breeze.
Access a short-term loan when you need it most
Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you with an unexpected bill or your car breaking down mid-month. Not everyone has access to a savings facility for these events. Should you find yourself in a strenuous financial situation, Wonga’s short-term loan could be your answer.
Apart from being a world-first, fully automated online lending platform and providing affordable and responsible finance options, Wonga prides itself on excellence in customer satisfaction.
Their service is user-friendly and available at any time that suits you best.
Wonga’s affordable short-term loan options
If you’re a new client, Wonga can help you access to up to R4,000 with a repayment period of up to three months. If you’re an existing client, however, can enjoy loan amounts of up to R8,000 with a repayment period of six months.
What you can expect from a Wonga loan
Should you opt for a short-term loan from Wonga in the amount of R4,000 and a repayment term of 3 months, your can expect to pay:
- Loan amount – R4,000
- Monthly instalment – R1,767.03
- Total fees and interest payable – R1,301.11
- Thus, your total loan repayment will be R5,301. 09.
The Wonga promise you can count on
Like every successful company, Wonga has a set of core values that tell you what you can expect from them. They strive to uphold these values at all times.
Wonga’s three core values
- Flexibility – Whether you want to repay your loan earlier or encounter a problem along the way, Wonga will help you to find a solution that works.
- Commitment – By being a responsible lender they strive towards equal treatment of all their customers and assist you towards managing your money successfully.
- Transparency – Wonga is dedicated to doing what’s right. Their loans are clear and concise with no hidden costs and fees. They make sure you know what you’re paying for before you apply for a loan.
Wonga – Short-term loan
- Loan Type Short-term loans
- Loan Amount up to R4,000
- Repayment 6 days to 3 months
- Monthly Service R69
Benefits of Wonga
- No hidden costs
- Quick and easy application process
- Low interest rates
Short-term loan calculator
Unlock financial freedom with Wonga
Wonga is a fully functional, real-time, online lending platform providing short-term financial solutions in minutes.
You’ll, however, still have to provide the minimum documents required for verification purposes.
Documents required for loan application
- South African ID document/Smartcard
- Bank statement for verifying account details
- Your most recent pay sheet as proof of your income
- A valid South African cell phone number
How to apply for a loan with Wonga
Applying for a short-term loan with Wonga is a simple process and is carefully explained on their website. For the application, you’ll need a computer or smartphone and access to the internet.
- Go online and navigate to the Wonga homepage. You’ll notice the area containing the indicating sliders. Use the top slider to indicate your desired loan amount.
- The bottom slider indicates the desired loan term.
- Below the sliders, you’ll see your instalment amount, date of repayment, and total costs and fees payable.
- If you’re satisfied with these amounts, you can proceed to click the apply now button.
- This leads you to the registration page where you’re required to complete a quick personal questionnaire to create a Wonga profile.
- Once you’re done your information is saved on the system and you’ll simply log in the next time you need a loan.
- Your information is processed and verified and a decision on your loan is given within a few minutes of applying.
- The loan amount is paid into the bank account you provided on the same day your loan is approved.
Wonga offers you a money management service
Wonga has a passion for helping you reach financial prosperity. They’ve compiled a money academy to teach you how to manage your money responsibly. The program consists of 4 key areas, namely:
- Budget planning
- Debt management
Why you should partner with Wonga
- Fully automated, a real-time online platform
- Easy application process
Wonga cares about your financial well-being
Many lenders allow you to take out online loans you can’t necessarily afford. Wonga operates responsibly and cares for your financial well-being. They’ll never allow you to borrow more than you can afford.
Wonga is a trusted & reliable provider of short-term loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I love the way I can know exactly what I’m letting myself into before I even apply.
— Aliwal North —
A great innovative company with impeccable service delivery!
— Knysna —
Highly recommend this company to anyone that enjoys quick and instant. Everything about them is hassle-free.
— Boksburg —
- 1st floor, 14 Kloof Street, Gardens Cape Town Western Cape 8001 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 18:00
- Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed