Capitec Home Loans
- Up To 50% Off Bond Attorney Fees
- Buy Your First Home
- Repayment up to 30 years
[Accessed December 12, 2022]
Capitec officially launched on the 1st of March 2001. They began their journey with a promise to change the way banking is done by focusing on simplicity. Today, Capitec is one of the biggest brand names in the banking industry.
More than two decades later, they boast 852 branches nationwide and counting. They’ve employed more than 14,000 people across the country who are ready and able to assist their 14.7 million active clients.
The all-in-one banking experience
Through innovative technology, Capitec has made it possible for you to access all of your banking needs in-house or remotely via their internet banking application. They aim to always stay one step ahead to offer you top-class service.
For transparency as unique as their Global One initiative
Capitec’s Global One initiative will offer you affordable banking. Being clear and transparent about costs and fees is of the highest priority at Capitec. They’re committed to helping you understand what you’re paying for.
Access your money when and where you need it
They believe that you should be able to access your money at any time you need it. They’ve made this possible by allowing you to access cash by:
- Remote banking
- ATM transactions
- Withdrawals from till points at supermarkets
- Visiting a branch near you
A bank that cares for its communities
Capitec is actively involved in the communities in which they operate. They understand the needs of their people and play an active role in a better future for everyone.
Capitec’s community initiatives include:
- The Capitec Foundation – A foundation that’s set to improve and build on the potential of the youth through financial literacy and numeracy skill development.
- Once-off donations – Capitec believes in giving back to the community. They provide once-off donations to facilities that care for and rehabilitate vulnerable groups within the communities.
- Disaster relief – When disaster strikes and an area is declared a state of disaster, this relief fund is utilised to aid those in need.
Capitec strives to bring their customers a level of service that is a cut above the rest.
Ensuring that their customers are happy and satisfied is of the utmost importance. This is no different when it comes to the home loans they offer.
Move in with a home loan from Capitec
This might be your first home loan or you might want to move your existing home loan to Capitec. Whatever the case may be, Capitec can make it happen.
Capitec has partnered with SA Home Loans to bring the experience of buying a home to you in a uniquely simplified manner.
Calculate affordability before you apply
Getting a clear picture of what you can afford before you start house-hunting can be very beneficial when you purchase a home. Capitec has made a nifty and easy-to-use affordability calculator available to help you calculate your borrowing power.
Fill in the following information:
- Monthly income before deductions
- Deposit amount
- Desired loan term
Based on the information entered you’ll be presented with an estimate of how much you qualify for, how much you can expect to repay, and the interest rate. You should keep in mind that these estimates do not include home and credit insurance.
Crunch the numbers with a Capitec home loan
If you’re permanently employed and meet the financial criteria, you can enjoy access to up to R5 million. If you’re self-employed and meet Capitec’s affordability requirements, you can enjoy up to R3.9 million.
The interest rates that you’ll pay on your home loan will be subject to the amount you can put down on a deposit as well as your credit rating. The higher your deposit amount, the lower your interest rate.
This also applies to your credit score. If your credit score is high, you’ll receive a lower interest rate. If your credit score is low, you’ll pay a higher interest rate.
Capitec – Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Repayment 10 to 30 years
Benefits of Capitec
- Quick and easy application
- Competitive interest rates on offer
- Online application tracking
- Property finance consultants that are dedicated
- Affordability calculator
A guide to applying for your Capitec home loan
When applying for a home loan there will be some information required to complete the process.
These documents include:
- Your last three month's payslips
- Three months’ bank statements
- A copy of your SA ID book/card
- Your antenuptial agreement and marriage certificate, if applicable
- For loans more than R2.5 million, a list of assets and liabilities
- Signed copy of your offer to purchase agreement
The application process explained
Capitec is big on keeping things simple and they’ve gone above and beyond to make the home loan process as easy and convenient as possible.
You’ll be pleased to hear that the entire loan application can be done online and will take you only a few minutes to complete.
Here is how:
- Navigate to the home loans section on the Capitec website. Locate the apply now button and click on it.
- You’re directed to the application page where you’re required to answer a few initial questions.
- The second part will be all of your personal information.
- The third section will be about your home loan.
- Once you’ve completed the form you’ll want to review it to make sure everything is correct and then submit your application along with the required documents.
The bottom line
Taking the step to purchase your first home does not need to be a daunting activity. Choosing who to partner with for a home loan is the most important aspect of the process.
Choose a bank that has you covered and cares for the financial well-being of its customers. Partner with Capitec today for your home loan and see how possibilities can become realities.
Extra costs and charges
Capitec has set out a breakdown of the once-off costs and fees that are payable when purchasing a home. These include:
- Transfer Duty – this is the government tax that is payable for transferring a house from the seller to the buyer’s name.
- Conveyance Costs – based on the property value, an attorney fee is paid for registering and transferring the title deed to the buyer’s name.
- Bond Registration – a fixed, once-off fee payable to the Deeds Office for the legal registration of your home.
- Postage and Sundries – a fee charged for postage of all documents to relevant offices and people.
- Home Loan Initiation Fees – administrative setup fees in the home loan application process.
Capitec is a trusted & reliable provider of home loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
We were finally ready to purchase our first home. Being Capitec clients for years made the decision of a lender easy. The entire process went smoothly and we recommend them to anyone.
— Secunda —
When we found the home of our dreams, the hardest part was finding a lender. A friend told us how great Capitec was with their home loan and we applied. They were professional throughout the proc...
— Randburg —
I’m glad that I decided to follow good advice and choose to apply for my home loan from Capitec. They were there every step of the way and made the entire process fast and easy.
— Polokwane —
- 5 Neutron Rd, Techno Park Stellenbosch 7600 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 16:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:00
- Friday 09:00 – 16:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed