Nedbank Student Loan
- Student loans up to R100,000
- Low-interest starting from 10.25%
- Repayment up to 36 months
[Accessed December 12, 2022]
When you need a student loan, come to Nedbank and get much more than that.
Wherever Nedbank is involved, you can be sure to hear only great things. They have a purpose to serve their customers and communities to the best of their ability using their combined expertise. You can be sure you are getting better than the best when you apply for a Nedbank student loan.
A student loan from a bank with a vision
The competition is big when it comes to the banking industry, especially with student loans in South Africa. Each bank has its vision, experience, history, and mission. At Nedbank, they strive to be the most admirable bank in the country. By keeping to their roots and staying true to South Africans, they are achieving great heights.
Where Nedbank began
With the establishment of the Cape of Good Hope Bank in 1831, Nedbank's history is a rich and successful story. Nedbank Group as it is now known was formally established in 2003. They have managed to form strategic alliances globally. They are particularly proud of their reputation as one of the most transformed banks in South Africa.
Make your dreams come true
There is probably nothing more frustrating than having the potential for big things and not being able to achieve them due to a lack of funding. Nedbank is committed to helping you reach your full potential. They are in the business of enriching people's lives by giving them the tools they need to prosper. One of these tools is a student loan.
Sometimes there's just no possible way for you to pay for your studies on your own.
By getting a student loan from Nedbank, that can change. They offer a student loan for part-time as well as full-time students. Nedbank also has the bonus of linking your interest rates to your performance.
What to expect from a Nedbank student loan
Apart from helping you in every way possible to achieve the best possible version of yourself, they have also added some great benefits to their student loans. With their customized repayments, you will only need to pay the interest on your student loan for the first 12 months. The student loan from Nedbank does not limit you. Anything study-related can be covered.
Nedbank covers you for the unexpected
Many of us have seen firsthand lately how unpredictable life can turn out to be. Nobody knows what the future holds. For this reason, Nedbank has a Life Cover on your student loan. Should anything happen and you pass away or you get disabled, your student loan amount will be covered automatically.
Vehicle finance from Nedbank
Starting your new life as a student is exciting. It is the start of great new things and new surroundings. We are often required to live away from home when we start our studies.
Having a vehicle for getting around is always a bonus. Public transport is expensive and often unreliable. Get vehicle finance from Nedbank and make life easier with your car.
Competitive interest rates
A Nedbank student loan is offered at either a fixed or variable interest rate. Hard work pays off and this loan will reward you with lower interest rates when you achieve and maintain good grades.
Interest rates on a Nedbank student loan will be set at prime plus 1 to 2 %. This means that with the current prime rate set at 7%, you’ll enjoy an interest rate of a maximum of 9%.
Nedbank – Student loan
- Loan Type Student loans
- Interest Rate from 10.25%
- Loan Amount up to R100,000
- Repayment 6 months to 36 months
Benefits of Nedbank
- Flexible repayment options
- Lower interest rates
- Repay the loan when your studies are complete
- Competitive credit life cover
Student loan calculator
Nedbank has reliable student loans to finance higher qualifications
When you decide to carry on with your life's journey by furthering your studies, don't get held back by a lack of finances.
A student loan from Nedbank is the answer. Over the years Nedbank has been there for many students. They want to make you part of their success story and help you grow your potential to its fullest.
The necessary application documentation
- Have your latest exam results on hand.
- You will be asked for proof that you have registered at an accredited tertiary institution.
- Make sure you have a letter from the institution stating things like tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, and anything study-related with the costs.
- Open an Unlocked Me Account with Nedbank.
If a parent or guarantor is applying for you
- They will need a Nedbank Transactional account as their main account.
- You must have a valid South African ID document.
- Provide a three months' payslip.
- If you don't bank with Nedbank, you will need three months' bank statements.
How the application works
- Firstly you will be required to complete the call me back form online. While you wait for a friendly and helpful student loan consultant from Nedbank to phone you back, you may download the application form.
- The Nedbank student loan application form will ask for your details first. Next, they will ask for your address, employment details and if married, details of your spouse. The following section will be related to your student loan amount.
- If you have a parent or guarantor applying for the student loan for you, it will be good to fill in the application together. Make sure you complete the form up to the last page.
A consultant will contact you to go through the entire student loan application with you. They will explain anything that might seem unclear and help you submit your application. Also, submit all the supporting documentation. Don't forget to sign the application by all parties involved.
You can also visit your nearest Nedbank branch along with all your documents and have a consultant assist you face-to-face.
Benefits of a student loan from Nedbank
- You only pay off interest in the first year.
- Your interest rate is linked to your performance.
- Nedbank offers competitive interest rates on their student loans.
Nedbank is a trusted & reliable provider of student loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I have had a dream of becoming a doctor one day ever since I was little. I had worked hard to maintain good marks but just could not afford to pay for my studies. Thanks to a student loan from Ne...
— Cape Town —
I had all but given up hope on being able to further my studies when a fellow student told me that he got a student loan from Nedbank. My parents applied on my behalf and I was so thankful when i...
— Upington —
The worst feeling in life is not being able to study further because of poor finances. I was fortunate enough to apply for a student loan from Nedbank and I was able to complete my studies. I now...
— Port Shepstone —
- 35 Siemert Rd, Doornfontein, Sandton Gauteng 2094 South Africa
- Get Directions
Nedbank Universal Branch Code
- Monday 08:30 – 16:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 16:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 16:00
- Friday 08:30 – 16:00
- Saturday 08:30 – 12:00
- Sunday – Closed