Capitec Personal Loan
- Personal loans up to R250,000
- Low-interest starting from 13.75%
- Repayment up to 84 months
[Accessed December 8, 2022]
On the 1st of March 2001, South Africans were introduced to Capitec.
Founded by Riaan Stassen, Jannie Mouton, and Michiel le Roux, Capitec soon reached great heights and set a new standard in the banking industry. Capitec set up its headquarters in Stellenbosch, Cape Town and spread out over the rest of South Africa.
From humble beginnings to the Capitec we know today
Capitec set out with the objective of offering you a banking solution that’s unique and innovative. Their growth has been exponential and they now have a country-wide presence.
Capitec boasts more than 853 branches throughout South Africa staffed by over 14,000 employees. There are more than 3,400 ATMs that service Capitec’s 18 million clients.
Capitec’s 4-point value system
Every company has a set of values in place that tells you what you can expect from them. These values are at the core of everyday business conduct and serve as a promise from the company.
At Capitec, these values are strong and simple:
- Simplicity – By using innovative and up-to-date technological solutions, Capitec strives to bring you a one-stop banking experience that’s easy and convenient.
- Affordability – Operating clearly and concisely, they ensure that you always know what you’re paying for and don’t believe in hidden fees and costs.
- Accessibility – Capitec gives you power by enabling you to access your money whenever you need to.
- Personal service – Building a lasting and trusting relationship with you is the main goal at Capitec. This enables them to bring you a service that meets your personal needs.
Supporting communities for a brighter future
Capitec invests in projects that help them give back to the communities they operate in. These projects include:
- The Capitec Foundation
- Once-off donations
- Disaster relief
When it comes to service, Capitec has set the bar and strives to uphold an outstanding level of customer service.
Building and maintaining a solid, trusting relationship with you is of the essence. They aim to understand your needs and fulfil your needs in the easiest way possible.
Get a personal loan that’s simple and flexible
With a personal loan from Capitec, you could enjoy access to funding for those long over-due renovations or even a much-needed family vacation.
Capitec’s personal loan offers financing of up to R250,000 and a repayment term of 84 months.
The instalments are fixed and carry interest rates starting from 13.75%. The control is in your hands so Capitec allows you to tailor the loan to your specific needs.
Get cover for the unforeseen
Capitec offers you credit life insurance that’ll give you peace of mind. In the event of anything unforeseen happening, your loan will be paid off.
This covers you in the event of death, temporary or permanent disability, or any event that’ll prevent you from earning an income.
Calculate your affordability
Capitec has an affordability calculator on its homepage that’ll allow you to get an estimate of the loan amount you could qualify for. This tool is easy to use and is available for free.
You’re required to complete a quick questionnaire with information like your ID number, your income, and expenses. You’re then provided with an estimate for the loan amount you qualify to apply for.
What is a personal loan?
A personal loan gives you access to a large sum of money that’s repayable with interest over an agreed-upon period. This loan can be used for debt consolidation, renovating your home, or even a holiday.
Capitec – Personal loan
- Loan Type Personal loans
- Interest Rate from 13.75%
- Loan Amount up to R250,000
- Repayment 1 month to 84 months
Benefits of Capitec
- Flexible repayment terms
- Quick and easy application process
- Fixed monthly installments
Personal loan calculator
Unlock financial freedom with a Capitec personal loan
Capitec strives to bring you simple banking solutions that make a big difference. By bringing you uncomplicated and convenient financial solutions, they simplify your banking experience.
Documents to have on hand when you apply for a Capitec loan
- South African ID document/Smart card
- Your most recent pay slips
- The last 3 consecutive bank statements reflecting your salary
Get the financing you need when it suits you
A part of simplifying your banking experience is to enable you to access financing when you need it. Capitec allows you to apply for a personal loan by visiting your nearest branch, phoning the customer care line, or completing an online application.
Your step-by-step guide to financial freedom
- Go online and navigate to Capitec’s homepage. Click on the personal tab and from there, click on credit. The personal loan tab is located in the middle of the page.
- You can do an affordability check and get an estimate of what you qualify for.
- If you’re satisfied with the estimate you can proceed to the application page.
- Complete the application page in full. Make sure to attach all relevant documentation to ensure that the application process runs smoothly.
- A quick credit check is done and your information is verified. Approval on a personal loan takes only a few minutes.
- Once approved and the repayment agreement signed, your money is paid into your bank account immediately.
5 Reasons to choose a Capitec personal loan
- You can access your money when you need it
- Capitec offers online banking
- They’re a trusted South African bank
- Get a tailored personal loan
- Enjoy fixed repayment terms
Become a part of the Capitec family
Capitec started from humble beginnings and quickly became one of South Africa’s leading banking institutions. They promise to always keep your financial interests at the core of everything they do.
They work tirelessly to ensure that you enjoy a safe, secure, and uncomplicated banking experience. With innovative and state-of-the-art technology you can rest assured that your finances are in good hands.
Capitec is a trusted & reliable provider of personal loans
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Thank you, Capitec, for helping me quickly apply for my loan. They truly professionally provide a fantastic service.
— Cape Town —
My consultant at Capitec was incredibly professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. She deserves praise for her excellent service.
— Durban —
I visited a Capitec Branch in Polokwane, and the service was fast and effective. I highly recommend them to everyone.
Janse van Vuuren W
— Polokwane —
- not available
- Ottery Centre, New Ottery Rd, Ottery Cape Town Western Cape 7800 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
- Sunday – Closed