Capitec Credit Card
- Up To R500 000 Credit Limit
- Earn Cash Back
- Free Card Delivery
[Accessed February 10, 2023]
Capitec was established to offer you an innovative, top-class banking solution that allows you to fulfil all your banking needs in one place.
With their Global One account, you can access world-class technology that’s convenient and user-friendly.
What to expect when you partner with Capitec
Every successful business prides itself in its founding roots and code of ethics that was agreed upon during its establishment. Capitec has divided its code of ethics into four main categories. These ethics act as a guideline for how they treat their customers and tell you what you can expect when you partner with them.
Capitec’s four categories of ethics are:
- Simplicity – With their all-in-one Global One account, they aim to offer you a banking experience that lets you do all your banking in one place, creating ease and convenience.
- Affordability – They believe in having a long-term, mutually beneficial banking relationship with you. The costs and fees are transparent and affordable.
- Accessibility – Whether you decide to do online banking, use the banking app, go to a branch, or deposit funds at an ATM, you’re always in control of the way you choose to bank.
- Personal service – Capitec regards a personal relationship with its customers as essential. They aim to understand your needs fully and provide you with outstanding customer service.
Some notable facts about Capitec
Capitec was established on the 1st of March 2001 by Riaan Stassen, Michiel Le Roux, and Jannie Mouton. Their headquarters are situated in Techno Park, Stellenbosch in the Western Cape. Capitec’s JSE listing took place on 18 February 2002.
They currently employ more than 14,000 staff members. Capitec currently boasts 850 branches and more than 3,400 ATMs. With more than 18 million active clients, Capitec has shown tremendous growth.
Capitec has won numerous awards for customer satisfaction and prides itself on top-class customer service.
When you decide to bank with them, you become part of the Capitec family. Meeting your financial needs is of the utmost importance to them.
Secure your financial future
Obtaining a credit card can be beneficial in many ways. A well-managed credit card can help you establish a healthy credit record. It also simplifies the acquisition of future credit. Should you want to buy a car or home, your good credit record will count in your favour.
Key features of the Capitec credit card
Credit profile dependant, you could access up to R500,000 in credit. Interest rates are calculated from prime which ranges between 9.75% and 20.25% based on your credit profile. Each transaction that you use your card for rewards you with 1% cash back. All local swipes are free of charge.
Delivery of your credit card is free of charge to your doorstep. You’ll enjoy your first 55 days of credit interest-free. Capitec has added a free benefit of R5 million worth of travel insurance. There’s a once-off initiation fee of R100 and a monthly service fee of R45.
Get more value for your money
Capitec has added additional benefits to their credit cards. These benefits give you even more value for your money. Benefits of Capitec’s credit cards
- Shop online safely and securely
- You can opt for credit insurance
- Get an extra 0.5% cash back on top of the 1% when you join their Live Better program
- Build a healthy credit record
- Get rewarded with 3.50% interest per annum on any positive balance
Capitec – Credit card
- Loan Type Credit cards
Benefits of Capitec
- 1.5% cash back on what you spend
- Free credit card delivery to your door
- Free local swipes
Choose a credit card that revolves around you
You’re important to Capitec. Each new customer is valuable and they intend on building a lasting and meaningful financial relationship with you.
What you need to know before you apply
Every application for credit requires that you provide the lender with some information for verification purposes. For the Capitec credit card you’ll need:
- South African ID document/Smart card
- Earn a minimum salary of R5,000 monthly and if you’re self-employed you need to earn at least R10,000 monthly
- Your most recent payslip
- The last three month’s bank statements
Calculate how much credit you qualify for
On the Capitec website, there’s a tool that works much like an affordability calculator. By completing the questionnaire with some basic information, you can get an estimate of how much credit you could qualify for.
The credit estimator is divided into 3 sections. The first requires your personal information. Questions like your name and surname, residential address, employment details, email address, phone number, and monthly income and expenses must be answered.
The second part of the questionnaire requires you to verify your identity. Once you’ve completed all the required fields, you’re presented with the results of how much credit you can apply for. From there you’ll see an option to continue the application.
Choose how you repay your credit
Capitec offers you the luxury of choice when paying with your credit card. The two options are:
- Straight – Interest-free if you pay the full amount outstanding before the due date
- Budget – Choose to repay your credit card over 48 months
The pros and cons of a credit card
Owning a credit card can be beneficial in many ways but also comes with a great deal of responsibility. Managing it responsibly can open a world of possibilities. However, using a credit card irresponsibly can lead to a great deal of debilitating debt.
The 6 main benefits of a Capitec credit card
- Cash-back rewards on transactions
- Free travel insurance
- 55 interest-free days
- Free delivery
- Yearly interest earned on a positive balance
Always knows what you pay for with Capitec
It’s important to choose a credit card from a lender that believes in transparency. With Capitec you’ll always be kept in the loop when it comes to costs and fees. Should there be something that’s not stated clearly enough, they’re more than happy to explain it to you. Your financial well-being is their number one priority.
Capitec is a trusted & reliable provider of credit cards
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
I love using the Capitec banking app. I can manage my finance and increase my limits easily. They also provide me with up-to-date information about their online banking services.
— East London —
Capitec has amazing online banking services, which makes it easy for me to manage my money and add savings accounts.
— Pretoria —
- 212, Zevenwacht Mall, Polkadraai Rd & Van Riebeeck Road Kuils River Cape Town 7579 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 18:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 18:00
- Friday 09:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 14:00
- Sunday 09:00 – 13:00