Tyme Bank Credit Card
- 55-days Interest Free
- Personalized Credit Cards
- SmartShopper Points
[Accessed January 27, 2023]
About Tyme Bank
Established in 2015, TymeBank is the first bank in South Africa to offer a comprehensive cloud-based financial platform.
Relying solely on their Android Banking App, they offer you the convenience and luxury of banking on the go, hence the name “Tyme” which means to take your money everywhere.
How the Tyme Bank story began
TymeBank was a venture originally part of the Deloitte Consulting project, that was receiving funding from the MTN group. It became an independent business in 2012. The Commonwealth Bank of Australia obtained 100% of Tyme. Subsequently, it underwent a name change and became TymeDigital.
In 2018, ARC Imali-Madi (RF) obtained a 10% share of TymeDigital. The South African Reserve Bank approved the acquisition of the remaining 90% stake by entrepreneur, Patrice Motsepe on the 5th of November 2018. The name was then changed to TymeBank Limited.
The TymeBank vision
Unquestionably, like many successful businesses, TymeBank has a vision of what they aim to achieve. This vision comprises two main aspects, namely:
- The purpose – To empower people in a manner where they can take full control of their hard-earned money.
- The mission – To help you gain a comprehensive understanding of money and subsequently give you the power to make informed financial decisions in the future.
A belief system that benefits you
Apart from TymeBank’s vision, they conduct business on a set of deeply embedded core beliefs that benefit you in every way. These beliefs speak of their business integrity and how you can expect to be treated. These beliefs are divided into 3 key categories:
- Simplicity – To offer you a user-friendly and simplified banking solution for ease and convenience.
- Transparency – You’ll know exactly what you pay for and what their fees are at all times.
- Affordability – By not having any physical branches, they can offer you banking that’s affordable without the unnecessary extras.
Tyme Bank Services
Apart from offering a convenient, all-in-one banking solution, TymeBank provides you with a safe and secure banking platform that’s available wherever you are.
TymeBank can offer you a credit card with a range of benefits to complement your daily life. Their smart shopper points reward you every time you swipe your card and earn you extra points at all Pick n Pay retailers.
55-day interest free period
The TymeBank credit card offers you the first 55 days at no interest, subject to you paying your full monthly instalment. They also offer free delivery to your door for your first card and a secondary card for your family.
They charge a once-off initiation fee of R160 and a monthly service fee of R40. You’re charged a fee of R100 for late payments and optional customer protection insurance of R4.50 for each R1,000 that’s outstanding.
How a credit card can benefit your daily life
Having a credit card can open you up to a world of financial freedom. The responsible management of your card ensures you enjoy access to credit when you need it. You can pay for your mid-month groceries or easily cover big expenses.
Having a credit card and managing it well also positively benefits your credit score.
Should you decide to buy a home or vehicle and need to apply for financing, a good credit record is beneficial in many ways.
Safety features and optional benefits
Safety is important and TymeBank’s credit card has many built-in safety features.
These features include SMS notifications to alert you to any activity on your card. They also offer you a credit card protection plan that covers you for up to R250,000 in the event of your death, permanent disability, or dread disease.
Tyme Bank – Credit card
- Loan Type Credit cards
Benefits of Tyme Bank
- SMS notifications
- Monthly statements
- SmartShopper points
- Get up to 55 days interest-free
Access financial freedom with a credit card from TymeBank
Applying for a credit card is easy and convenient. The entire process can be completed online. To complete the application you require some documents for verification purposes.
Documents that you require
- South African ID document/Smartcard/Driver’s licence
- Your most recent payslip or bank statement
- Be at least 18 years old
- Earn at least R3,000 per month
The 7-step application process
- Get online and navigate to the TymeBank website. Click on the button that allows you to apply for a credit card. Enter your ID number, complete the CAPTCHA section and click next.
- This section requires information about your monthly income and expenses. Complete and click next.
- Here you’ll enter your personal details. These are things like your address and phone number. When you’re done, click next.
- The fourth section of the application relates to your employment details. Here you’ll enter information on your employer and your employment. Complete in full and click next.
- You’re now required to complete the section containing the debit details.
- There’s a consent form that you’re required to complete and sign.
- The last part of your credit card application is to upload the documents required for verification of your identity and income.
The help you need is available
Even though TymeBank has no physical branches, its operations are run from a central office in Johannesburg. If you experience any difficulty during the application process and require assistance, you can contact their call centre or use the customer email address provided.
The benefits of TymeBank’s credit card
- Enjoy a comprehensive online banking experience
- You can shop online or in-store
- Get your first 55 days interest-free
- Pay for big expenses over a longer period
- Build a good credit record when you pay monthly
TymeBank gives you more value for your money
A credit card can open a world of financial freedom if managed responsibly. TymeBank offers you credit on the go with many features. When you acquire a credit card and manage it well, you’re also building a good credit record for future credit needs.
Tyme Bank is a trusted & reliable provider of credit cards
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Getting a credit card from TymeBank was so easy. The application took me only a few minutes to complete. They delivered my card to my doorstep and I am pleased to be partnered with them.
— George —
I decided to apply for a credit card to increase my credit score. A quick internet search led me to TymeBank. I applied and they assisted me in no time. I now proudly own my first credit card.
— Limpopo —
Applying for the TymeBank credit card was super easy. I completed the online application and they delivered my card in record time. I would recommend them to everyone. The benefits are amazing.
— Port Elizabeth —
Tyme Bank Contact
- 30 Jellicoe Ave, Rosebank Johannesburg 2196 South Africa
- Get Directions
- Monday 08:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
- Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 15:00
- Sunday 09:00 – 15:00